11.4.07

Hair High

High school coolness is high hair.
Surprisingly enough, I don't think that Bill Plympton was high when he spoke before the midnight screening of his new animation, Hair High, last Sat. He is quite lucid actually. I imagine that someone who is able to build a story entirely based on tangents and visulally articulate a dream state's hypothesises, must be on drugs. Maybe I just have a limited imagination.
This isn't the point though. And neither is this:
Unlike the rest of New York, I don't have celebrity sightings or don't even know it when I do. Well, there was that one time that I got yelled at for walking onto "set"(where else but a Soho cobble stone streets) but I didn't notice the warnings because I was checking out this really cute red-head's amazing skirt and bag combo. Come to find out, it was Miranda. Anyway, meeting him and getting his autograph is at the top of my list. I think I even made him laugh a little.Oh. I found it. The point:
Hair High was another great concoction of plympton's stream of consciousness and unique vision. It is more of the same in some respects. One of those are the sexual overtones, which have me on the floor of my mind laughing my arse off! I don't actually laugh out, which is weird cause I think its pretty funny. The story line did seem to have less tangets than The Tune or So I Married A Strange Person. There was a chicken mascot humping everything in sight, a frog electricuted to life, flies copulating... the usch.

No comments: