31.10.07

Buckminster Fuller

While researching for another post wiki lead me to a page full of Buckminster Fuller quotes.
Quickly: Richard Buckminster Fuller was an American visionary, designer, architect, poet, author, and inventor. He was the second President of Mensa. Read more here.
I especially love those on the potential of the independent mind.

"It is not for me to change you. The question is, how can I be of service to you without diminishing your degrees of freedom?"

"
I never try to tell anybody else what to do, number one. And number two, I think that’s what the individual is all about. Each one of us has something to contribute. This really depends on each one doing their own thinking, but not following any kind of rule that I can give out, any command."

"There is something patently insane about all the typewriters sleeping with all the beautiful plumbing in the beautiful office buildings — and all the people sleeping in the slums."

"Thinking is a momentary dismissal of irrelevancies
"
-Buckminster Fuller

No comments: