27.2.07

Hello My Name Is Design. I Am Here To Show You My Gina

Gross. But seriously, I was a little nervous. I just had an informational interview at Base Design. Yikes! In my humble opinion this studio is the cream of the crop. So, I got a little tounge tied which does not usually happen. There was definitely qualification that I should have expounded upon, but over all I think it went well. The senior designer said he liked my work and that it was good to see that I had a lot of identity design (Oh yeah! I knew what you were looking for. I have only poured over Base's work for the past 4 yrs now.)
So, maybe he was a nice guy and he was lying or maybe he really liked my work and will pull my file up at the next mention of an availible position. The beauty of it is, it was and informational interview.
The space was nice and widowous, but there was no music playing and the mood with a little tense. The senior designer was very curtious and waited with me at the elevator till it arrived.
Some of Base's work:

A most enthusiastic thank you to C! Without him none of this would have been possible; the interview, the elaborate sneaky-stashing of the portfolio so that I didn't tot it into work, thus advertising my interview and the calming.

2 comments:

Joanna Goddard said...

big congrats!!!! that is awesome. i'm sure they loved you. we work with base on some projects as i'm sure you know so we can give you some gossip if you want! :)

Colby said...

it was an honor and pleasure to be of service. btw, they forgot to dot the "i" in milk.