10.2.07

oediPUS =^..^=

Ahem. Lets see. This is sort of a delicate subject. I don't really want to blow up this guy's spot but I am struggling with some frustration he is causing me and I figured that I could trust you with the information. Maybe you recall me writing about Tosca in previous posts. We have lived together 5.5 years now and he has seen me through the best and worst of times. While he has always been a little needy, I appreciate the company, the friendship and even the neediness.
For instance, Tosca has always cried at bedtime in need of attention. About three years ago I noticed his cries becoming muffled. Come to find out that he was carrying a stuffed toy mouse around with him during his distress. Like all cats, Tosca also took to makin' muffins for relaxation purposes. At about the same time as the crying-while- toy-toting, T took his common cat kneading to a whole new level. He started kneading-humping.
One of the things I really love about the guy is his drive to really push the envelope. So, when he started clinching a stuffed mouse in his mouth while knead-humping his faux fur blankie, I was sort of proud. 'Let that freak flag fly ! Maximize your enjoyment. You're a cat. Why not?!' In fact I can tell when he is plotting a "session" and looking for perfect spot.... and so move some papers off the couch or hand over a sweater already in need of washing for his use.
However, I am drawing the line at his new insistence on touching me during his sessions. He waits until I am nestled into bed or on the couch with my favorite blaket. Then he acts like he is looking for a place to lay down. Now, more often that not, his settling down motions turn into a "session" on my legs. Totally not acceptable!

5 comments:

Jeannie said...

maybe he needs a hobby.

http://www.monpa.com/dwc/

Colby said...

not being able to fault his motives - and seeing as he's a cat with limited resources - i can hardly criticize tosca's methods.

Unknown said...

too good.

Joanna Goddard said...

oh my god. this was one of the best posts i've ever read. great drawings. i LOVE!

Homáforo said...

This is a very cool drawing! And great prose!