5.12.07

Weekend: Helen, Georgia

This past weekend I met my Dad's family in Helen. Just like the years of my younger youth, we stayed in a 10 bedroom cabin-complete with chapel- nestled in the foothills of the Blue Ridge Mountains. The cabin is on the Sautee Ranch, as in cattle ranch, and was originally built for a Cherokee/ Chatholic couple who managed to produce 14 children. As we were winding our way through the mountains towards our destination Friday night, our headlights found a sheep(a sheep!) running down the side of the road. This was most surreal for me! But on with the photos. I hope you enjoy.

mmmmOOOoooDad took us on a nature hike and we found an animal bone...which I brought home with me!
The weather was perfect

This is an interesting structure that hunters use to "clean" their kill which is usually deer. Note that these structures don't always look like a crucifix. bizarre.

No comments: