21.4.06

Where dirt ends and art begins















I can't be sure but I think it has been there for the past month, maybe months and a half. It's the pile of dirt that sits on 24th St. inbetween 8th Ave and 9th Ave which is only a couple of avenue blocks away from the galleries. Now, about two weeks ago the dirt pile disappeared and I have to say that I was a little bummed until it was restored a few days later. Is that you Robert Smithson? Are you debating mirrors or no mirrors? Really, I think its finished....just let it be.














While we are on the subject, Tara Donovan has made some lanscapes out of plastic cups those and is showing them at Pace Wildenstein. Do you think these cups are used later?

2 comments:

Jeannie said...

prob not. but she should donate the pencils at least to someone... somewhere.
craigslist posting would go something like:

9.5 million no.2 pencils, free! must pick up, chelsea location.
slightly used, some chopped in tiny pieces.

Unknown said...

for some reason the dirt mounds made me think of this:

http://www.banksy.co.uk/films/movie1.html