23.2.08

Envirotype

I (heart) Typeworkshop gave an type assignment in honor of Dutch Design Week. The participants were asked to choose a material and create a word by way of folding. Then they were to take this piece and place it into a public environment.Like "crap", my favorite example, I noticed that most of them reminded me of Sagmeister's project "things I have learned in my life so far". WHICH has been at the Deitch Projects gallery and today is the last day.
Then I noticed he had updated his work since I'd seen it last.The piece above is my all time favorite typographical treatment ever. Its almost if to say, "Pit stains are in". FURTHERMORE, speaking of in type and Sagmeister's "things I've learned...", Marian Bantjes, my idol, has been very busy.Sugar piece contributed to "things that I have learned in life so far".

No comments: