24.2.08

Weekend: Deitch

Went to both Deitch galleris on Saturday.
#1
When I first walked into the space, before I saw anything, I noted the smell of bananas. That all made sense when we walked into the main room. There stood Sagmeister, being interviewed as he faced a giant inflatible white ape con banana-lined wall. There was also some thoughful (visually and conceptually) words, some of which I posted previously and some new. Overall I have to say Sag seems like the the white knight of designers. All of his message are honest and positive and completely unique.
#2
Michel Gondry filled the space with low budget movie sets in honor of his new release "Be Kind Rewind". There were also 2 workshop areas for people to collaborate in writing a script.
Later that evening we saw the movie. I left with the overall sense that it wasn't fantastic, but mind you, I laughed through most of it. And it was cute and creative and sweet and unpretentious.
Anyhow, I am off once again. Somehow through the past decade of yogamania I have managed not to take even one class. Today, all this ends.

No comments: