12.2.08

Peta Peta Pumpkin Eat-a

Despite the fact that I have been a vegetarian all my life, I have shied away from groups and labels. I am not crazy about the idea of getting swept away in a movement, even if its a bunch of animal hugging vegheads. WHICH, is why I just now got around to reading more about PETA. Actually, I only "got around to it" because a friend sent me to Illegal Advertising which shows Kentucky Fried Cruelty-and if you want to cry watch this. Makes me think my leather boots aren't so necessary. Otherwise, below are some of PETA's marketing techniques towards kids. What do you think?
One of the "Milk Sucks" themes
Cover of the "Your Daddy Kills Animals" pamphlet. This one is the coolest but a bit much for my taste. Like I said I don't care for ideas to be crammed down my throat and then, what's the point in preaching to the chior? (Again of course I agree with the the cause) But I guess that is why we all market our ideas to the youth.
Joaquin Phoenix on the cover of PETA's Grrr! Magazine for kids
Shilpa Shetty in a Boycott the circus advertisement

No comments: